Upon completion of a Simple Energy EPC, you may find that your energy efficiency improvements are not eligible for Green Deal or ECO funding. Should this be the case then you may still be able to access further grants and schemes set up by The Scottish Government.
HEEPS is the Home Energy Efficiency Programme Scotland that offers varying levels of assistance to registered private sector landlords like you.
- HEEPS cashback can be awarded to properties in council tax bands A to C. A rebate of up to £5,800 is available for a variety of measures such as boilers, insulation and secondary glazing.
- HEEPS loans offer an interest free loan of up to £10,000 for measures such as solid wall insulation, double glazing or new boilers.
Other opportunities available, which a Simple Energy EPC would assist you in identifying, include:
- Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) – you could receive quarterly cash payments over seven years if you install or have already installed eligible renewable heating technology.
- Feed-in Tariffs (FITs) – you could make money back on the electricity you generate.
- Home Energy Scotland renewables loan – This interest free loan from the Scottish Government is for property owners in Scotland who wish to install a domestic renewables system or to connect to an approved district heating scheme powered from a renewable energy source.